Friday, June 3
- 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm – Check in for athletes begins at Bragaw. Coaches and other volunteers will be onsite to assist athletes in getting their belongings into the dorm. Wake County will be staying in Lee Dorm. See a map of campus.
Parking on Campus
Everyone should enter from Western Blvd. via Gorman Street.
From Gorman, you will turn onto Sullivan which will lead you to Lee Lot.
Everyone must unload in Lee Lot – there are no other areas available to unload this year.
Volunteers will direct you where to park. Buses will be directed to West Lot.
- 4:30 pm – Fountain Dining Hall opens for dinner. Menu available here.
- 6:30 pm – Head to Opening Ceremonies at NC State Reynolds Coliseum. All athletes should wear the blue Wake County Special Olympics shirts you received at practice, or on Friday when you arrive at the dorms. All coaches should wear your blue SOWC coaches polo shirts.
- 7:30 pm – Opening Ceremonies begins.
- 8:45 pm – Opening Ceremonies ends.
Saturday, June 4
- Location: Triangle Aquatic Center 275 Convention Dr. Cary, NC 27511
- Swimming Program – will be updated Thursday before the games
- Order of Events – to come
- 6 am – Breakfast pickup at Fountain Dining Hall.
- 7:30 am – Depart for TAC.
- 8:00 am – Athletes arrive at TAC.
- 8:15 am – Warm-ups begin
- 9:00 am – 4:30 pm – Competition. Lunch will be provided mid-day.
- 5:30 pm – Dinner at Fountain Dining Hall. Menu available here.
- 7:00 pm – Dance/Olympic Town at Talley Student Union – NC State University
- 9:00 pm – Return to dorms for shower/bed. Athletes should pack everything tonight to be prepared to leave and go home on Sunday morning.
Sunday, June 5
- 6:00am – Breakfast available for pickup at Fountain Dining Hall.
- 8:00 am – Pick up athletes from Bragaw to go home.
Athlete Packing List
Athletes need to bring the following items if staying in the dorms. For those just attending the meet you can review the post What to Bring to a Swim Meet.
- Bed linens (sheets or sleeping bag, blanket, etc)
- Towels (one for showering, one for the pool)
- Pillow with pillowcase
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, hand sanitizer, feminine hygiene products, deodorant, shampoo, soap, shaving materials)
- Clothes (Nice outfit for the dance on Saturday, blue Wake County SONC shirt for Friday’s Opening Ceremonies, pajamas)
- Swimming gear (goggles, towels, swim caps, water bottle, deck shoes)
- Money for souvenirs or snacks
- Entertainment for competition and downtime (books, magazines, headphones, etc)
- Medications clearly labeled.