The goal this season is to eat 5 fruits and vegetables a day, drink 5 16oz bottles of water and exercise 30 minutes or more 5 days a week.
Below are some resources and information about fitness and nutrition:
- Fitness and Nutrition Slides presented Thursday January 17th.
- Fitness Charts presented during first Fitness Class Thursday January 24th. Explains the 4 types of physical activity that you can do: Endurance, Strength, Flexibility and Balance.
- Picture of the Sugar Board – Think Before You Drink
- Blank 2019 Season Tracker for parents or anyone else to use to track their nutrition, hydration and exercise.
- Blank Weekly Tracker Form – Can be used to track you weekly fitness and nutrition.
- Urine Chart – Good resource to help tell if you are dehydrated. Remember, if your urine looks like apple juice you need to drink water.
- Gold Medal Snacking – Great ideas on healthy snacks. Remember to try and get some protein with every snack.
- Example Food Groups – Example of each type of food group. Remember that half of your plate should be veggies and fruit.