Here is the information about the 2022 Season. All practices will be held a Pullen Aquatic Center
Clinics: Saturday. (10am-12pm) – 3 lanes (January 22nd – February 12th) – First session will be from 10-11 and second session will be from 11-12pm. The clinics will be first come first serve.
- January 22nd – Breaststroke
- January 29th – Backstroke
- February 5th – Butterfly
- February 12th – Freestyle/Open
Regular Practice: Tuesday/Thursday 6-8pm – 6 lanes (Feb. 14 – May 31)
- Fun meet with MOR – Saturday April 9th at Pullen. Start time is 11:00am and the meet should last about an hour. This is a great time for the athletes to get some practice in.
- Duke Meet – Saturday May 14th 9:45am – 2:30pm. Competition begins at 10:45am. See email for detailed information about the meet
- Summer Games – June 3rd – June 5th
Take a look at the 2020 Raleigh Racers Swim Season information page. It contains information on the Clinics, Team Roster as well as swim meet information.
Friday, May 31
Please be sure to enter campus from Western Blvd. on Friday afternoon for athlete drop-off. Here is a campus map to help you navigate NC State.
- 2:30pm – Check in for athletes begins. Please drop off athletes in the parking lot off Sullivan Drive, similar to previous years (see campus map). Dorm assignments to come later this week. Coaches and other volunteers will be onsite to assist athletes in getting their belongings into the dorm.
- 5:30pm – Load buses to attend opening ceremony at PNC Arena. All athletes should wear the 50th Anniversary blue shirts. If you don’t have one let me know ASAP. All coaches should wear you BLUE SOWC coaches shirts.
- 6:15pm – Opening Ceremonies/Dinner: PNC Arena. Boxed dinners will be provided. Athletes and coaches will be sitting in SECTION 126
- 7:30pm – Start of Opening Ceremonies
- 9:45pm – Return to dorms to shower and go to bed
Saturday, June 1
- 8:00am – Athletes arrive at TAC.
- 8:15am – Warm-ups begin
- 9:00am – 4:00pm – Competition. Lunch will be provided mid-day.
- Level 1 events will start at approximately 1:30 p.m.
- 5:30pm – Pizza and salad dinner at the dorms
- 6:45pm – Dance/Olympic Town at Tally Student Union – NC State University
- 9:30pm – Return to dorms for shower/bed. Athletes should pack everything tonight to be prepared to bring all belongings to the pool Sunday morning
Sunday, June 2
Competition: Triangle Aquatic Center 275 Convention Dr. Cary, NC 27511
- 6:00am – Athletes wake up
- 6:30-7:15am – Breakfast at the dorms
- 7:30am – Bus to TAC
- 8:00am – Athletes arrive at TAC
- 8:15am – Warm-ups begin
- 9:00am–3:00pm – Competition. Lunch will be provided mid-day.
- 3:00pm – pick-up athletes. We will send a text if time changes or you can pick up your athlete earlier.
Athlete Packing List
Athletes need to bring the following items if staying in the dorms. For those just attending the meet you can review the postnWhat to Bring to a Swim Meet.
- Bed linens (sheets or sleeping bag, blanket, etc)
- Towels (one for showering, one for the pool)
- Pillow with pillowcase
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, hand sanitizer, feminine hygiene products, deodorant, shampoo, soap, shaving materials)
- Clothes (Nice outfit for the dance on Saturday, TBD for Friday’s Opening Ceremonies, pajamas)
- Swimming gear (goggles, towels, swim caps, water bottle, deck shoes)
- Money for souvenirs or snacks
- Entertainment for competition and downtime (books, magazines, headphones, etc)
- Medications clearly labeled.