Take a look at the 2020 Raleigh Racers Swim Season information page. It contains information on the Clinics, Team Roster as well as swim meet information.
Friday, May 31
Please be sure to enter campus from Western Blvd. on Friday afternoon for athlete drop-off. Here is a campus map to help you navigate NC State.
- 2:30pm – Check in for athletes begins. Please drop off athletes in the parking lot off Sullivan Drive, similar to previous years (see campus map). Dorm assignments to come later this week. Coaches and other volunteers will be onsite to assist athletes in getting their belongings into the dorm.
- 5:30pm – Load buses to attend opening ceremony at PNC Arena. All athletes should wear the 50th Anniversary blue shirts. If you don’t have one let me know ASAP. All coaches should wear you BLUE SOWC coaches shirts.
- 6:15pm – Opening Ceremonies/Dinner: PNC Arena. Boxed dinners will be provided. Athletes and coaches will be sitting in SECTION 126
- 7:30pm – Start of Opening Ceremonies
- 9:45pm – Return to dorms to shower and go to bed
Saturday, June 1
- Location: Triangle Aquatic Center 275 Convention Dr. Cary, NC 27511
- Swimming Program – will be updated Thursday before the games
- Order of Events
- 8:00am – Athletes arrive at TAC.
- 8:15am – Warm-ups begin
- 9:00am – 4:00pm – Competition. Lunch will be provided mid-day.
- Level 1 events will start at approximately 1:30 p.m.
- 5:30pm – Pizza and salad dinner at the dorms
- 6:45pm – Dance/Olympic Town at Tally Student Union – NC State University
- 9:30pm – Return to dorms for shower/bed. Athletes should pack everything tonight to be prepared to bring all belongings to the pool Sunday morning
Sunday, June 2
Competition: Triangle Aquatic Center 275 Convention Dr. Cary, NC 27511
- 6:00am – Athletes wake up
- 6:30-7:15am – Breakfast at the dorms
- 7:30am – Bus to TAC
- 8:00am – Athletes arrive at TAC
- 8:15am – Warm-ups begin
- 9:00am–3:00pm – Competition. Lunch will be provided mid-day.
- 3:00pm – pick-up athletes. We will send a text if time changes or you can pick up your athlete earlier.
Athlete Packing List
Athletes need to bring the following items if staying in the dorms. For those just attending the meet you can review the postnWhat to Bring to a Swim Meet.
- Bed linens (sheets or sleeping bag, blanket, etc)
- Towels (one for showering, one for the pool)
- Pillow with pillowcase
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, hand sanitizer, feminine hygiene products, deodorant, shampoo, soap, shaving materials)
- Clothes (Nice outfit for the dance on Saturday, TBD for Friday’s Opening Ceremonies, pajamas)
- Swimming gear (goggles, towels, swim caps, water bottle, deck shoes)
- Money for souvenirs or snacks
- Entertainment for competition and downtime (books, magazines, headphones, etc)
- Medications clearly labeled.
The meet will be held Saturday, May 18th at Duke University Taishoff Aquatics Pavilion located at 326 Towerview Rd. Durham, NC 27708.
Like in years past, athletes using Duke University facilities are required to sign a Duke Aquatics Waiver. The waiver can be signed electronically and a link to the waiver is provided below. Please complete prior to Friday.
- 9:00 am – Volunteer check-in
- 9:30 am – 10:00 am swimmer check-in
- 10:05 am – 10:25 am warm-ups
- 10:30 am – 12:30 pm competition
- 12:45 pm – 2:00 pm lunch and swimmer recognition
As soon as the heat sheet is available, I will update this page with the information.
Parking and Entrance to Pool
Parking on campus is always a challenge and changes year-to-year based on the construction taking place on campus. This year parking for the meet is available in the Blue Zone Lot, behind the Aquatics Pavilion. The lot is accessible via Duke University Road to Wannamaker Drive (see maps below). Special Olympics signs will be posted along the route starting at Duke University Road, directing folks where to go. You will need to obtain a FREE weekend parking pass for Saturday’s meet. Please register for the pass and print it out. You will need to have it displayed in the window of your car with the bar code displaying in order to get into the parking lot. Click the link below to review the instructions on how to obtain your pass: